Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 9:09AM
The CDPC are hosting a number of events for Malaria Day (25 April) from 20-22 April. Events include:
- Malaria tag (all week): the NUIM campus becomes a malarial zone to raise awareness about malaria rish and the social burdens malaria places on developing countries. Look out for the mosquitos!
- Spring speakers series event, 'Mind/Body Interaction and Health', a seminar featuring Dr Brian Leonard (NUI Galway), Dr Neil Harrison (University of Sussex) and Dr Colm Cunningham (Trinity College Dublin). (Tuesday, 20 April, 2-4pm in Rowan House 2.20).
- Debate hosted by the Literary and Debating Society, 'THB that vertical (stovepiping) models of disease intervention are counter-productive to the provision of general healthcare in the developing world' (Tuesday, 20 April, 7pm in JH2)
- Public Lecture featuring Dr Rene Gerrets (University of Amsterdam), 'Partnership and (dis)empowerment in international malaria control: perspectives from a rural setting in Tanzania' (Wednesday, 21 April, 1-2.30pm in the Council Room, first floor Riverstown, South Campus (refreshments will be served)
- Film Screening: 'When the Night Comes' (Thursday, 22 April, 7pm in CS1 (refreshments will be served)
For more information contact Hayley Coristine (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Thomas Strong (email@example.com).